Door to Door Sales
- Police: 2 individuals wanted, reportedly forcing entry into Magnolia …
6.7.18 – KATV – Magnolia police say the individuals are reportedly going door-to-door, attempting to sell alarm systems. Once a homeowner comes to the door, they’re forcing …
- Man claims to represent burglar alarm company, tries to enter home
6.9.18 – The Tand D.com – The woman said she called her alarm company and they informed her they were switching over to Brink’s Home Security, but did not send out any servicemen.
Public Safety Updates
- FL: Audit: Within 3 years, 93 percent of intrusion alarms in Tampa were false
6.6.18 – FOX 13 News, Tampa Bay – Over a three-year period, a City of Tampa audit found that 93 percent of intrusion alarms were actually false alarms. There were 19,000 instances where at least …
- VT: City landlords challenge fire alarm fees
6.6.18 – Rutland Herald – A trio of major city landlords object to being charged for their fire department call boxes. The city recently decided to begin charging an annual fee for fire alarms …
- Select Security Acquires Garden State Fire & Security
6.4.18 – Select Security, ranked No. 26 on the SDM 100 Report, completed the purchase of Garden State Fire & Security in Matawan, N.J. The acquisition brings Select Security’s total number of customers to more than 80,000.
- Tuesday Morning steps up security efforts
6.5.18 – Chain Store Age – The retailer used to operate its own central station to monitor its alarm systems. Through its partnership with ADT however, Tuesday Morning relies on the …
- Doyle Security Systems Acquires Wolfe Safe & Lock Co.
6.8.18 – Security Sales & Integration – … fire and medical monitoring systems, has purchased the alarm accounts from … with the simultaneous mergers of JMS Alarms and LPE Security & Fire Alarm …
- Here’s How Manufacturers Are Stepping Up Their Fire Alarm, CO2 …
6.7.18 – Security Sales & Integration – While principally a security trade show and conference, the annual ISC West event, held in April in Las Vegas, still offers its share of fire alarm products and .
- Smart-Home Pros Love Ring Doorbells, but Doorbird Surges – CE Pro 100 Brand Analysis
6.7.18 – CEPro – 2018 Brand Analysis for front-door security shows more CE Pro 100 dealers offer Ring and Doorbird video doorbells than any other brand; Yale tops the list for smart locks and Control4 takes the access controls category.
|NJAB04056Text||Permits schools to use automatic alerting device to contact 9-1-1 service. No companion bill.
Status: 6/4/2018 : Introduced, Referred to Assembly Higher Education Committee
|An Act amending the act of March 10, 1949 (P.L.30, No.14), known as the Public School Code of 1949, in safe schools, providing for live video from security cameras and motion detectors; and, in terms and courses of study, further providing for fire and emergency evacuation drills. | Representative ORTITAY
State & National News
- NFPA Impact on Emergency Communications Is a Model for Industry …
6.4.18 – Security Sales & Integration – But for a different perspective let’s take a look at the fire alarm industry, which is a … The association reviews its NFPA 72, “National Fire Alarm and Signaling …
- New security system can detect active shooter in schools
6.5.18 – Spectrum News – An alarm goes off and specific instructions are given over a public address system. Notifications are also sent to computers, cell phones, and televisions.
- Texas governor proposes 40-page recommendation to beef up school security
5.30.18 – SIW – Increasing armed security, expanding program that allows for armed teachers among the proposals offered
- McDonald’s in Midtown installs alarm system that can be heard blocks …
6.7.18 – KTRK-TV – A noise alarm at a Midtown McDonald’s designed to keep loiterers off their property is causing migraines and anxiety, according to a couple who lives across the …
- These Are the 2018 Safest and Most Dangerous States in the U.S.
6.6.18 – SSI – WalletHub has released its 2018 report comparing the 50 states across 48 key safety indicators to determine which are the safest.
- Some Iowa homeowners must install carbon monoxide alarms
6.8.18 – KCCI Des Moines- The legislation requires apartment complexes and homes built on or after July 1 to have a carbon monoxide alarm. Holt said everyone should have one.
- Why can Uber find me but emergency services can’t?
6.6.18 – SIW – Examining how emergency services can keep up with and better leverage modern day technology
- What the Heck is a ‘Weak HDMI Signal’?
6.4.18 – CEPro – Learn the lingo and the characteristics of HDMI to help troubleshooters help you.
- Where Liabilities Lie: The Differences Between an Insurance Broker and Agent
6.8.18 – SSI – The alarm industry and related fields are a niche market, and there are only a handful of brokers or agents who are truly knowledgeable about the industry and able to guide you properly.
Fire & EMS News
- MA: Cohasset police log, May 28-June 3
6.9.18 – Wicked Local – 7:39 p.m.: A fire alarm was reported at Hingham Lumber Co. Fire personnel reported nothing showing. Tuesday, May 29.
- MA: Fire alarm interrupts wedding at Tufts University
6.6.18 – Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News – Medford, MA. – Newlyweds tying the knot at Tufts University Saturday got interrupted when a fire alarm went off. Wedding guests were evacuated …
- NY: Fire alarm interrupts Stephen Colbert’s ‘Late Show’ monologue
6.8.18 – Yahoo Entertainment – The clip continues, with Colbert saying the alarm is sounding because his jokes are so hot. When they cut back to Thursday’s monologue, Colbert continued with …
- TX; Wichita Falls PD: Student activated fire alarm falsely on last day of …
6.7.18 – Times Record News – A Wichita Falls teen is in hot water after reportedly pulling the fire alarm at a Wichita Falls ISD high school on the last day of school. Anastacio Jeremias Delgado ..
- AB: Alarm On Millarville Telus Site Results In The Arrest Of Two Men
6.9.18 – HighRiverOnline.com – Turner Valley RCMP arrested two men after an early morning alarm call from a Telus site this past Monday. Officers were dispatched around 3:30 …
- AL: Colbert Board of Education vandalized, snacks stolen
6.7.18 – whnt.com – Investigators believe Hutchens ripped the fire alarm off the wall, disabling it and the air conditioning system. Police are still trying to figure out what triggered the ..
- AR: Home invasion suspect shot by homeowner, arrested
6.7.18 – Times Record – Brown said the homeowner found Byrns at his residence after he woke to his alarm going off around 3 a.m. Wednesday. The homeowner told deputies Byrns ..
- CA: Caught on Video: Man tries to break in to Escondido woman’s home
6.9.18 – CBS 8 San Diego – She said they told her it was brazen of the man to try getting in the home twice. “I have dogs. I have an alarm. You’d think that is enough, but clearly it is not,” said ..
- CA: San Jose man arrested after Milpitas business doors shattered, police …
6.6.18 – The Mercury News – Around 12:40 a.m. May 19, officers responded to a silent alarm that was activated at Victoria Liquors. The officers found the front …
- CO: Nunn police arrest suspects matching witness description an hour ...
6.8.18 – Greeley Tribune – According to a release from Evans officials, Evans police responded 4:20 p.m. Wednesday to a robbery alarm at the Bank of Choice. Tellers said …
- CO: Suspected thief and wanted felon arrested during K-9 chase in …
6.5.18 – Longmont Times-Call – Chavis was first identified on May 22 when he allegedly activated a security alarm while exiting the Walmart, according …
- FL: A man is on the run after robbing a Bradenton gas station and …
6.7.18 – Bradenton Herald – While en route, the alarm company told deputies they could see an individual inside the closed business. When they arrived, deputies found the front door forced …
- FL: Car caught on camera crashing into Miramar home
6.9.18 – Half Moon Bay Review – They also heard from the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office and the alarm company. Security cameras captured the incident, which Hodge was able to observe …
- GA: Security cameras do not stop home invaders, homeowner searching …
6.10.18 – FOX 5 Atlanta – Clayton County, GA – A Clayton County resident took extra care to try to protect her property. She spent money on alarm coverage and cameras. For four …
- IN: Police investigating weekend bank robbery
6.5.18 – Greenfield Daily Reporter – A teller sounded an alarm that alerted first-responders to the robbery in progress, according to 911 dispatch records. But the suspect had already fled the bank …
- MA: Athol Police log
6.7.18 – Athol Daily News – 7:30 a.m. – Wayne Alarm calling for rear door alarm. No issue. Business was open….
- MA: Bridgewater police log, May 24-25
6.9.18 – Wicked Local – 7:23 a.m.: A burglar alarm was reported. Police checked the building….
- MA: Georgetown police reports: May 25-31
6.6.18 – Wicked Local – 1:01 a.m.: A burglar alarm was reported …
- MA: Rochester Police Log: May 27-June 2
6.9.18 – Wicked Local – 12:19 p.m.: A burglar alarm was reported at a residence.
- MA: Swampscott police log, May 29-June 1
6.9.18 – Wicked Local – 6:48 p.m.: A burglar alarm was reported …
- MN: Lake County Sheriff’s Report
6.10.18 – Lake County News Chronicle – 11:24 a.m. Deputy along with Two Harbors Police Department responded to security alarm. False alarm. 12:46 p.m. Deputies responded to grass fire on …
- NC: Local bank robber attempts to rob North Carolina bank
6.8.18 – WEAR – … the teller a note saying “this is a robbery, place all $100s, $50s, $20s on the counter no alarm no die packs no tracers,” according to federal court document.
- NC: RAW VIDEO: Jewelry store break-in on Carolina Beach Road
6.9.18 – WECT-TV6 – Hardison says her ADT security alarm never went off, though she has had several false alarms. “I just pray that somebody can see that footage and know who it …
- OH: Lights and Sirens: Vehicle egged in Waterford Glen
6.5.18 – Bucyrus Telegraph Forum – A false alarm was received…
- OH: Police: Burglar found with unicorn lighter, tea and stolen gun
6.4.18 – WKBN.com – According to a police report, officers were called Saturday at about 7:53 p.m. to a house for a burglar alarm. When officers …
- TX: Blotter: Suspicious person report prompts brief lockdown at south …
6.9.18 – Denton Record Chronicle – Police were dispatched to the active burglar alarm about 3 a.m., and the investigation is ongoing. Other stolen items were not specified in the report.
- TX: Burglar targets Pasadena family restaurant
6.6.18 – KPRC Click2Houston – Barrientos said the alarm didn’t sound, so the suspect had 30 minutes to himself inside of the business before he left and the alarm then notified police.
- TX: Home alarm scares off burglars shortly after South Houston break-in
6.8.18 – KPRC Click2Houston – South Houston, TX – The old saying is: “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” WATCH: Alarm scares off burglars in South Houston. Apparently, it also …
- TX: Wood County Sheriff’s Report May 23-29, 2018
6.6.18 – KSST – Deputies were dispatched, at approximately 6:02 a.m., in reference to an alarm. Deputies checked the building and it was secure.
- WA: Las Vegas man sentenced to a year in jail for attempted burglary
6.6.18 – Walla Walla Union-Bulletin – Basel said he was awakened by his alarm system, grabbed his gun and dashed out to find four men, including Ruiz and Maynes, on the top floor of his detached …
- WV: Wheeling Police Reports
6.4.18 – Wheeling Intelligencer – Saturday. At 9:57 p.m., false alarm.
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Five state associations are part of NESA – Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA) and Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Kelly Ryan
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Brian Shrake
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Rex Adams